World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Radlin, Silesian Voivodeship

Article Id: WHEBN0000783926
Reproduction Date:

Title: Radlin, Silesian Voivodeship  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Wodzisław County, Górnik Radlin, Wodzisław Śląski, Silesian Voivodeship, Bolesław Kominek
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Radlin, Silesian Voivodeship

Radlin
Korfanty street in Radlin
Korfanty street in Radlin
Coat of arms of Radlin
Coat of arms
Radlin is located in Poland
Radlin
Radlin
Coordinates:
Country Poland
Voivodeship Silesian
County Wodzisław
Gmina Radlin (urban gmina)
First mentioned 1365
Government
 • Mayor Barbara Magiera
Area
 • Total 12.53 km2 (4.84 sq mi)
Highest elevation 298 m (978 ft)
Lowest elevation 245 m (804 ft)
Population (2006)
 • Total 17,673
 • Density 1,400/km2 (3,700/sq mi)
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
 • Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Postal code 44-310
Car plates SWD
Website http://www.radlin.pl

Radlin is a town in Wodzisław County, Silesian Voivodeship, Poland, with 17,656 inhabitants (2006). Located in southern part of the Voivodeship, close to the Czech border, between 1975 and 1999, Radlin was a district of the city of Wodzisław Śląski.

First mention of the settlement of Biertułtowy (which now makes the center of Radlin) comes from 1305, as Bertholdi villa. The very name Radlin probably comes from the Polish word radło, which means ard. In the 19th century, Radlin was one of the biggest villages of the Rybnik County of the Kingdom of Prussia. Like other locations of Upper Silesia, it grew in the 19th century, when several enterprises were opened there - Coal Mine Marcel, Coke Plant Radlin. In 1922, after Silesian Uprisings, it became part of Poland.

Among most famous people associated with Radlin are Leszek Blanik and Bolesław Kominek.

Sport

External links

  • Official website


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.