World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Trenčianska Turná

Article Id: WHEBN0007906271
Reproduction Date:

Title: Trenčianska Turná  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: American International Yellow Jackets men's ice hockey, Battle of Trencsén, Villages and municipalities in Trenčín District, Trenčín District, Štvrtok
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Trenčianska Turná

Trenčianska Turná
Municipality
Main road through the village of Trenčianska Turná, August 2009.
Country Slovakia
Region Trenčín
District Trenčín
Elevation 228 m (748 ft)
Coordinates
Area 17.238 km2 (6.66 sq mi)
Population 3,043 (2008)
Density 177 / km2 (458 / sq mi)
First mentioned 1269
Mayor Peter Mikula
Timezone CET (UTC+1)
 - summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Postal code 91321
Area code +421-32
Car plate TN
Location of Trenčianska Turná in Slovakia
Location of Trenčianska Turná in the Trenčín Region
Statistics: MOŠ/MIS
Website: www.trencianskaturna.sk

Trenčianska Turná (Hungarian: Tornyos) is a village and municipality in Trenčín District in the Trenčín Region of north-western Slovakia. It has a population of about 3043 people (2008).

History

In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1269. The area of village on 3 August 1708 the battle between the Habsburg army of General Heister and Kuruc Army of Francis II Rákóczi took place.

Trenčianska Turná mearged with a neighboring village Hámre in 1976.

Geography

The municipality lies at an altitude of 214 metres and covers an area of 17.239 km². Trenčianska Turná lies to the North of the Považský Inovec Mts. in the southern portion of the Trenčín Basin. Located near road I/50 connecting the towns Trenčín and Bánovce nad Bebravou. Creek Turniansky potok flows through the village. The northern slopes of the Považský Inovec Mts. are rich on mineral springs. Presence of the springs is considered as a result of circulation of groundwater near the Inovec fault.

External links

  • http://www.statistics.sk/mosmis/eng/run.html


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.