World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Tsuga Station

Article Id: WHEBN0023025294
Reproduction Date:

Title: Tsuga Station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Sōbu Main Line, List of railway stations in Japan: T, Chūō-ku, Chiba
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Tsuga Station

Chiba Urban Monorail Tsuga Station

Tsuga Station (都賀駅 Tsuga-eki) is a railway station in Wakaba-ku, Chiba, Japan. It is located 43.4 rail kilometers from the western terminus of the Sōbu Main Line at Tokyo Station and 7.7 kilometers from the terminus of the Chiba Urban Monorail at Chiba Station.

Lines

Station layout

JR East

JR Tsuga Station has a single island platform.

1 Sōbu Main Line for Chiba and Tokyo
2 Sōbu Main Line for Narita, Sawara, Chōshi, and Kashima-Jingū

Chiba Monorail

The Chiba Urban Monorail Tsuga Station is an elevated station with two opposed side platforms.

1 Chiba Urban Monorail for Oguradai and Chishirodai
2 Chiba Urban Monorail for Dōbutsukōen, Chiba, and Chiba-Minato

Adjacent stations

« Service »
Sōbu Main Line
Chiba   Commuter Rapid   Yotsukaidō
Chiba   Rapid   Yotsukaidō
Higashi-Chiba   Local   Yotsukaidō
Chiba Urban Monorail Line 2
Mitsuwadai - Sakuragi

History

Tsuga Station originated as the Tsuga Signal (都賀信号所) on the Japanese Government Railway (JGR), established on November 1, 1912. It was upgraded to the Tsuga Signal Stop (都賀信号場) on April 1, 1922, and to a temporary stop on September 30, 1965. After World War II, the JGR became the Japan National Railways (JNR). Tsuga became full passenger station on March 28, 1968. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of the Japanese National Railways (JNR) on April 1, 1987. The Chiba Urban Monorail began operations to the station from March 28, 2001. A new elevated station building was completed between 2002-2009.

External links

  • JR East station information (Japanese)


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.