World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Zyryanovsk

Article Id: WHEBN0012057879
Reproduction Date:

Title: Zyryanovsk  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Zyryan, Altaite, East Kazakhstan Province
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Zyryanovsk

Zyryanovsk
Зырян

Seal
Zyryanovsk
Zyryanovsk
Location in Kazakhstan

Coordinates: 49°44′19″N 84°16′19″E / 49.73861°N 84.27194°E / 49.73861; 84.27194

Country Kazakhstan
Province East Kazakhstan Province
District Zyryan District
Founded 1791
Incorporated (city) 1941
Government
 • Akim (mayor) Larisa Grechushnikova
Population (2009)
 • Total 39,320
Time zone BTT (UTC+6)
Postal code 070800–070804
Area code(s) +7 72335
Website http://www.akimzyryan.gov

Zyryanovsk (Kazakh: Зырян; Russian: Зыряновск) is a town of regional significance in East Kazakhstan Province of Kazakhstan, the administrative center of Zyryan District. It was established in 1791 and was granted town status in 1941. Population:

Location

Zyryanovsk is located in the Rudnyi Altai, on the banks of the Berezovka River, a left tributary of the Bukhtarma. An 183-km railroad connects Zyrianovsk with Ust-Kamenogorsk. Also through Zyryanovsk there passes a highways Ust-Kamenogorsk - Rakhmanovskie Kluchi and Ust-Kamenogorsk - Bolshenarymskoe.

Industry

Zyrianovsk owed its establishment to the exploitation of a complex-ore deposit, discovered in 1791 by a local inhabitant, G. G. Zyrianov. Zyrianovsk has a lead combinat (division "Kazzinc"). The combine is educated from two mines (Maleevsky and Grekhovsky), concentrating factory, non-productive departments.

Education

In the city the center of the East Kazakhstan state technical university, and also medical college, agrarian and technical college, humanitarian college, construction and transport college, industrial college functions. There are 8 schools, 3 kindergartens, 3 public libraries, Palace of culture, equipment and sports, the Equipments-House.

Notable residents

References

Coordinates: 49°44′N 84°16′E / 49.733°N 84.267°E / 49.733; 84.267

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.