World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Breguet 26T

Article Id: WHEBN0012501479
Reproduction Date:

Title: Breguet 26T  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: List of aircraft by date and usage category, Breguet Aviation, List of aircraft (B)
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Breguet 26T

26T
Role Airliner
Manufacturer Breguet, CASA under licence
First flight 1926
Number built 6

The Breguet 26T was a French single-engine biplane airliner that first flew in 1926.

Development

The 26T was an attempt by the Breguet company to find a civil market for their 19 warplane by mating its wings, tail surfaces and undercarriage to an entirely new fuselage design and new engine. The resulting aircraft could carry six passengers within an enclosed cabin, while the pilots sat in an open cockpit ahead of the upper wing. The engine originally chosen was a French-built licenced copy of the Bristol Jupiter radial, but on one of the two Breguet-built civil examples, this was later changed back to the Lorraine 12Ed inline, as used on the Br.19.

These two aircraft served as predecessors for the definitive civil version of this family, the Breguet 280T, while CASA purchased a licence to build another two in Spain for the domestic market, and France's Aviation Militaire purchased two more as air ambulances under the designation Bre.26TSbis.

Operators

 France
Spain Kingdom of Spain & Spain Spanish Republic

Specifications (26T)

General characteristics

  • Crew: Two pilots
  • Capacity: 6 passengers
  • Length: 11.00 m (36 ft 1 in)
  • Wingspan: 16.8 m (55 ft 1 in)
  • Wing area: 50.5 m2 (543 ft2)
  • Empty weight: 1,412 kg (3,113 lb)
  • Gross weight: 3,055 kg (6,735 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Gnome-et-Rhône licence-built Bristol Jupiter 9Ab, 313 kW (420 hp)

Performance

  • Maximum speed: 206 km/h (128 mph)
  • Service ceiling: 5,000 m (16,404 ft)

See also

References

Notes
Bibliography
  • aviafrance.com
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.