World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Champion Aircraft

Article Id: WHEBN0006951799
Reproduction Date:

Title: Champion Aircraft  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Aeronca Champion, AviaBellanca Aircraft, American Champion Decathlon, American Champion Scout, Polk County, Wisconsin
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Champion Aircraft

Champion Aircraft Corporation
Corporation
Industry General Aviation
Founded 1954
Headquarters Osceola, Wisconsin
Key people
Robert Brown

Champion Aircraft Corporation was formed in 1954 by Robert Brown. Headquartered in Osceola, Wisconsin, it began production in 1954 of the 7EC design which it had purchased from Aeronca Aircraft Corporation. Through the 1950s and the 1960s Champion introduced variations on the 7-series design. Champion also developed and began production of the significantly upgraded follow-on to the 7-series, the 8KCAB Decathlon, as well as the twin-engined Lancer. Champion was acquired in 1970 by Bellanca Aircraft Corporation, which continued to produce most of the Champion designs in production at the time of acquisition.

8KCAB Super Decathlon, built 2005

Aircraft produced

Champion, as the name suggests, was formed to produce the design which Aeronca had introduced in 1946 as the 7AC Champion. By the time Aeronca ceased production in 1951, they had advanced the design through the 7BCM, 7CCM, and 7DC, reaching the 7EC. It was this model with which Champion commenced production in 1954, giving it the name "Traveler" to go along with the alphanumeric model designation. (Champion assigned both alphanumeric designations and names to most of its designs.) Though there was a great variety, all of the aircraft which Champion introduced were in one way or another related to the original Aeronca design. Champion's aircraft, by date of FAA approval or Champion introduction are:

External links


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.