World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article


Castle Rock/Denver, Colorado
United States
City of license Castle Rock, Colorado
Branding Estrella TV KETD 53
Channels Digital: 46 (UHF)
Virtual: 53 (PSIP)
Subchannels 53.1 Estrella TV
53.2 LeSEA
Affiliations Estrella TV
Owner Liberman Broadcasting
(KRCA License LLC)
First air date July 1, 1990 (1990-07-01)
Call letters' meaning Estrella
Former callsigns KWHD (1990–2010)
Former channel number(s) Analog:
53 (UHF, 1990–2009)
Former affiliations LeSEA (main channel, 1990-2010)
Transmitter power 300 kW
Height 178 m
Facility ID 37101
Transmitter coordinates
Licensing authority FCC
Public license information: Profile
Website .comestrellatv

KETD, virtual channel 53 (UHF digital channel 46), is an Estrella TV owned-and-operated television station serving Denver, Colorado, United States that is licensed to Castle Rock. The station is owned by Liberman Broadcasting. KETD maintains offices located on East Jamison Circle in Englewood, and its transmitter is located on Mount Morrison in western Jefferson County.


  • History 1
  • Digital television 2
    • Digital channel 2.1
    • Analog-to-digital conversion 2.2
  • References 3
  • External links 4


The station first signed on the air on July 1, 1990 as KWHD. Founded by the LeSea Broadcasting Corporation, the station carried a mix of Christian-targeted programs, family-oriented syndicated programs and movies. Christian programming aired for much of the broadcast day, with breakaway windows for secular programming (including sitcoms, westerns and public domain movies) each weekday from 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. and a scattered amount for a few hours a day on Saturdays, which included a morning children's program block, and a schedule consisting entirely of Christian-oriented religious programs on Sundays. By 2008, KWHD claimed to be "the only full-time, commercial, independent TV station in Colorado." Its schedule by this point was split between family-oriented secular programming and local sports programming 40% of the time and Christian religious programs for the remaining 60% of the broadcast day outside of Sundays.[1]

On January 28, 2010, LeSEA announced that it would sell KWHD to Liberman Broadcasting. On June 1, 2010, the station became an owned-and-operated station of the Liberman-owned Estrella TV and changed its call letters to KETD.[2] As part of the deal, KETD agreed to lease its second digital subchannel to LeSEA to continue carrying its programming (which is also carried on the station's former semi-translator KWHS-LD in Colorado Springs, which LeSEA continues to own).

Digital television

Digital channel

Channel Video Aspect PSIP Short Name Programming[3]
53.1 720p 16:9 KETD-ES Main KETD programming / Estrella TV
53.2 480i 4:3 KETD-D2 LeSEA (simulcast of KWHS-LD)

Analog-to-digital conversion

KETD shut down its analog signal, over UHF channel 41, on January 16, 2009. The station's digital signal remained on its pre-transition UHF channel 46.[4][5] Through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display the station's virtual channel as its former UHF analog channel 53, which was among the high band UHF channels (52-69) that were removed from broadcasting use as a result of the transition.


  1. ^
  2. ^
  3. ^ RabbitEars TV Query for KRMT
  4. ^
  5. ^

External links

  • KWHS
  • Query the FCC's TV station database for KETD
  • BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KETD-TV
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.