World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Pont-de-l'Isère

Article Id: WHEBN0015585215
Reproduction Date:

Title: Pont-de-l'Isère  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Isère (river), Arrondissement of Valence, 45th parallel north
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Pont-de-l'Isère

Pont-de-l'Isère

Town hall

Coat of arms
Pont-de-l'Isère
Pont-de-l'Isère

Coordinates: 45°00′20″N 4°52′03″E / 45.0056°N 4.8675°E / 45.0056; 4.8675Coordinates: 45°00′20″N 4°52′03″E / 45.0056°N 4.8675°E / 45.0056; 4.8675

Country France
Region Rhône-Alpes
Department Drôme
Arrondissement Valence
Canton Tain-l'Hermitage
Intercommunality Pays de l'Hermitage
Government
 • Mayor (2008–2014) Lucien Bonnet
Area
 • Land1 10.09 km2 (3.90 sq mi)
Population (2008)
 • Population2 2,713
 • Population2 density 270/km2 (700/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 26250 / 26600
Elevation 110–146 m (361–479 ft)
(avg. 119 m or 390 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Pont de l'Isère is a French commune, located in the department of Drôme and the Rhône-Alpes region. This town really emerged in 1866 when it was separated from La Roche-de-Glun. Its name comes from the bridge which crosses the Isère to the south of the town Built in 1822 after the old wooden bridge burned down in 1814.

Geography

Pont de l'Isère is a small town in the Drôme in the Rhône-Alpes region. It is best known for the fact that it's located on the 45th parallel north. The municipality is located 9 km south of Tain-l'Hermitage (chief town of canton) and 9 km north of Valence. Municipalities that are the closest are La Roche-de-Glun and Beaumont-Monteux.

Population

See also

References

  • INSEE
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.