World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Ségur (Paris Métro)

Article Id: WHEBN0000504640
Reproduction Date:

Title: Ségur (Paris Métro)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Duroc (Paris Métro), La Motte-Picquet – Grenelle, Paris Métro Line 10, Boulogne – Pont de Saint-Cloud (Paris Métro), Chardon Lagache (Paris Métro)
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Ségur (Paris Métro)

Ségur
Paris Métro station
Location 15th arrondissement of Paris
Île-de-France
France
Coordinates
Owned by RATP
Operated by RATP
Other information
Fare zone 1
History
Opened 29 July 1937 (1937-07-29)
Services
Preceding station   Paris Métro   Following station
Location
Ségur is located in Paris
Ségur
Location within Paris

Ségur is a station on line 10 of the Paris Metro on the border of the 7th and 15th arrondissements.

Contents

  • History 1
  • Places of Interest 2
  • Station layout 3
  • Gallery 4
  • References 5

History

The station was opened on 29 July 1937 when line 10 was extended from Duroc to La Motte-Picquet (now called La Motte-Picquet - Grenelle). It is named after the Avenue de Ségur although the station is on the Avenue de Suffren and the Avenue de Ségur is 100 meters away. Marquis de Ségur (1724–1801) was a Marshal of France and Secretary of State for War from 1780 to 1787.

Places of Interest

The station is close to UNESCO, the Avenue de Breteuil (a ceremonial avenue leading to the Invalides) and the École Militaire at the end of the Champ de Mars.

Station layout

Street Level
B1 Mezzanine
Line 10 platforms
Side platform, doors will open on the right
Westbound toward Boulogne – Pont de Saint-Cloud (La Motte-Picquet – Grenelle)
Eastbound toward Gare d'Austerlitz (Duroc)
Side platform, doors will open on the right

Gallery

References

  • Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.