World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Sarafovo

Article Id: WHEBN0010590441
Reproduction Date:

Title: Sarafovo  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Burgas, Lozenets, Burgas Province, Golden Sands, Bulgarian Air Force
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Sarafovo

Sarafovo (Bulgarian: Сарафово) is a neighbourhood of Burgas, largest city in South Eastern Bulgaria - a regional, tourist and trade center.

Sarafovo was originally founded as a settlement (1912–1922) by Thracian refugees.

Geography

Sarafovo is 10 km from the centre of Burgas. There are over 4,000 residents in more than 1,300 houses.

It is situated on a hill on the Black Sea coast, where there is a fine view of the whole of Burgas bay, Pomorie, Sozopol, Burgas and the mountain heights of the Strandzha Mountain. Sarafovo also has a wide, sandy beach.

Tourism

The number of hotels and places of amusement increases every season. Currently the area is particularly popular with Irish and Norwegian tourists. Tourism is the main economic activity in Sarafovo, but unlike some larger resorts, Sarafovo does not close down at the end of the main holiday season. Tourism peaks in July and August, when the population increases to 10 - 12 000 people.

A further strong impetus to visitor numbers is Burgas International Airport,[1] which is less than 1 km away from Sarafovo. In 2008 the airport processed more than 1.5m passengers. Sarafovo is convenient to Burgas city centre (10 km), the seaside town of Pomorie (7 km.) Nessebar and the beach resort of Sunny Beach (25 km.)

Sarafovo also has an increasing number of foreign residents, who have chosen Bulgaria for their home. There are plans for a modern yacht port, which will increase the quality of the tourist services. Overall, Sarafovo's ambition is to become "The European face of Burgas".

External links

  • www.sarafovo-bg.com
  • Transport to Sarafovo

Notes

  1. ^ http://www.bourgas-airport.com

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.