World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Shimōsa-Manzaki Station

Article Id: WHEBN0018764626
Reproduction Date:

Title: Shimōsa-Manzaki Station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Narita Shinkansen, List of railway stations in Japan: S
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Shimōsa-Manzaki Station

Shimōsa-Manzaki Station
安食駅
Shimōsa-Manzaki Station
Location
Prefecture Chiba
(See other stations in Chiba)
City Narita
Neighborhood etc. Otake 340
Postal code 286 - 0841
(in Japanese) 成田市大竹340
History
Year opened 1901
Rail services
Operator(s) JR East
Line(s) Narita Line
Statistics 802 passengers/day (2009)

Shimōsa-Manzaki Station (下総松崎駅 Shimōsa Manzaki -eki?) is a railway station operated by JR East’s Abiko Branch Line of the Narita Line located in Narita, Chiba Prefecture Japan. It is 27.3 kilometers from the terminus of the Abiko Branch line at Abiko Station.

History

Shimōsa-Manzaki Station was opened on August 10, 1901 as a station on the Narita Railway Company for both freight and passenger operations. On September 1, 1920, the Narita Railway was nationalised, becoming part of the Japanese Government Railway (JGR). After World War II, the JGR became the Japan National Railways (JNR). Scheduled freight operations were suspended from October 1, 1961. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of the Japan National Railways (JNR) on April 1, 1987. The station building was repaired and modernized from 2006-2007.

Lines

Layout

Shimōsa-Manzaki Station has dual opposed side platforms connected by an overpass. The station building is a wooden, one-story structure.

Platforms

1 Narita Line For Narita
2 Narita Line For Abiko, Ueno

Adjacent stations

« Service »
Narita Line
Ajiki - Narita

External links

  • JR East station information (Japanese)


Coordinates: 35°48′29″N 140°16′39″E / 35.8080°N 140.2776°E / 35.8080; 140.2776


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.