World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

The Review Republican

Article Id: WHEBN0003826171
Reproduction Date:

Title: The Review Republican  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Warren County, Indiana, Newspapers published in Indiana, List of newspapers in Indiana
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

The Review Republican

The Review Republican
Review Republican front page, 16 November 2006
The 16 November 2006 front page of
The Review Republican
Type Weekly newspaper
Format Broadsheet
Owner(s) Community Media Group
Publisher Twin States Publishing
Founded 1854

The Review Republican is a weekly newspaper serving Warren, Fountain and Benton counties in Indiana. It is published weekly, on Thursdays.

History

The Review Republican was formed on October 22, 1914 as a merger between two other newspapers — the Warren Review and the Warren Republican.

  • The Warren Republican began on December 6, 1854, a continuation of the earlier Wabash Commercial which was a Whig Party journal and Williamsport's first newspaper when it began in 1848.
  • The Warren Review was a Republican Party-oriented journal in Williamsport first published on January 1, 1891 by Thomas A. Clifton, who formerly operated the Veedersburg Reporter in Fountain County, Indiana.

The first editor of the new, consolidated paper was Review owner John H. Stephenson. The paper was purchased around 1921 by Isaac W. Cripe, whose son Herbert became sole owner on October 4, 1941 upon his father's death. Herbert's wife Florence later became coeditor and copublisher. On April 1, 1980, the Cripes sold the paper to Fall Creek Publications, Inc., headed by Arthur A. Allen. Allen sold the paper to Mary Ann Akers in 1981. Akers owned the paper until 2003, when she sold out to Community Media Group.

References

  • Miller, John W. Indiana Newspaper Bibliography, Indiana Historical Society, 1982.


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.