World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Agramunt

Article Id: WHEBN0006274851
Reproduction Date:

Title: Agramunt  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Artesa de Segre, Turrón, Bellpuig, Vegueria, Aurembiaix
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Agramunt

Agramunt
Municipality
Coat of arms of Agramunt
Coat of arms
Agramunt is located in Catalonia
Agramunt
Agramunt
Location in Catalonia
Coordinates:
Country  Spain
Community  Catalonia
Province Lleida
Comarca Urgell
Government
 • Mayor Bernat Solé i Barril
Area
 • Total 79.65 km2 (30.75 sq mi)
Elevation 337 m (1,106 ft)
Population (2007)
 • Total 5,434
 • Density 68/km2 (180/sq mi)
Demonym(s) Agramuntí, agramuntina
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
 • Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)

Agramunt is a municipality in the comarca of the Urgell in Catalonia. It is situated in the north of the comarca, near the border with the Noguera. The town centre is protected as a historic-artistic monument, especially the Roman church of Santa Maria which dates from the 12th-13th centuries. The town is also known for the production of torró d'Agramunt, a sort of confectionery traditionally eaten at Christmas. The town is linked to Tàrrega by the C-240 road, to Cervera by the L-303 road and to Artesa de Segre by the L-302 road. The Urgell canal passes through the municipality, crossing the Montclar range through a tunnel. The municipality includes the exclave of Montclar d'Urgell to the north-west.

Demography

1900 1930 1950 1970 1986 2007
3191 3290 3535 4428 4618 5434

References

  • Panareda Clopés, Josep Maria; Rios Calvet, Jaume; Rabella Vives, Josep Maria (1989). Guia de Catalunya, Barcelona:Caixa de Catalunya. ISBN 84-87135-01-3 (Spanish). ISBN 84-87135-02-1 (Catalan).

External links

  • Official website (Catalan)
  • Information - Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan)
  • Statistical information - Institut d'Estadística de Catalunya (Catalan)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.